AUTHORS: Ben Goldstein • Ceri Jones • Bess Bradfield • Carol Lethaby • Alastair Lane • Simon Brewster • Mark Lloyd • Rob Metcalf • Lucy Norris
Number of levels: Starter + 5 CEF Levels: A1–C1
American Big Picture reflects the key issues of today which are immediately relevant to the learners’ experiences with striking real world images.
These images provide a fresh, contemporary look and are at the centre of tasks, encouraging learners to work with and interpret them. Carefully structured discussion tasks encourage personalization, localization, and critical thinking, and complete functional language lessons, develop conversation strategies and are applied to students’ immediate world experience.
|• Student’s Book Try a sample
• Workbook with audio CD Try a Sample
• Downloadable audio online
• Interactive online activities
|• Teacher’s book
• Class Audio CD
• Digital Book
• Test Studio
• Online videos and author interviews
• Teacher’s Resource Book
• Learning Platform www.americanbigpicture.net
Thumbs Up! is a six-level primary series that motivates children to learn English while developing other areas of knowledge. Every child is an individual with unique abilities and strengths, and Thumbs Up! helps students discover their own pathway to learning.
Through cross-curricular themes, stories, songs, poems, games, values and multiple intelligence activities, Thumbs Up! fosters students’ critical thinking skills, creativity and natural curiosity in other subjects of the curriculum.
|Try a sample||Try a sample||Try a sample|
|Scope & Sequence Level 1||Scope & Sequence Level 4|
|Scope & Sequence Level 2||Scope & Sequence Level 5|
|Scope & Sequence Level 3||Scope & Sequence Level 6|
A series of practical guides to some of the key issues in English language teaching today.
- Practical, realistic suggestions for the language classroom
- Jargon-free explanations of theory and methodology
- Developmental tasks for the teacher
- Consideration of everyday problems teachers face in the foreign language classroom
- Photocopiable activity worksheets
- Provision for diversity of classroom teaching situations
- Current educational methodologies and reforms
Spotlight on English is a comprehensive, standards-based program for English language learners (ELLs) designed to help K-6 students gain and develop English language proficiency, access grade-level content and successfully transition to the mainstream classroom.
Spotlight on English exposes students to grade-level Academic English and models of Standard English and provides educators with the tools necessary to empower ELLs to acquire the English language accurately and achieve competency in listening, speaking, reading and writing.
Spotlight on English is a balanced program that not only provides the academic language students need, it also brings together proven methodologies and innovative teaching strategies.
- Based on scientific research
- Aligned to state ELA/ELD and the National Curriculum and Content-area Standards
- Created with a content-rich framework—language arts, math, science, social studies, music, and art
- Developed with multi-level teaching strategies for differentiated instruction in every lesson
- Designed to deliver direct, structured, and inclusive language instructionFrom
The Richmond Compact Dictionary includes up-to-date vocabulary including internet, computing and entertainment, plus more than 110,000 words, sentences and examples, as well as 170,000 translations. It contains Spanish from Spain and Latin America as well as British and American English pronunciation and spelling differences. The CD-ROM is an extended version of the dictionary and is compatible with PC, PDA and Smartphone.
- 110,000 words, sentences and examples
- 170,000 translations
- Spanish from Spain and Latin America
- Up-to-date vocabulary including internet, computing and entertainment
- An extended version of the dictionary
- Compatible with PC, PDA and Smartphone
- Quick finder with intuitive search functions: headword and full text search