Spotlight on English is a comprehensive, standards-based program for English language learners (ELLs) designed to help K-6 students gain and develop English language proficiency, access grade-level content and successfully transition to the mainstream classroom.
Spotlight on English exposes students to grade-level Academic English and models of Standard English and provides educators with the tools necessary to empower ELLs to acquire the English language accurately and achieve competency in listening, speaking, reading and writing.
Spotlight on English is a balanced program that not only provides the academic language students need, it also brings together proven methodologies and innovative teaching strategies.
- Based on scientific research
- Aligned to state ELA/ELD and the National Curriculum and Content-area Standards
- Created with a content-rich framework—language arts, math, science, social studies, music, and art
- Developed with multi-level teaching strategies for differentiated instruction in every lesson
- Designed to deliver direct, structured, and inclusive language instructionFrom
Altogether is a practical and innovative six-level series for primary school students that combines language study and subject areas within each coursebook. Every two months students and teachers receive a new coursebook that includes all of the learning materials that they will need for those months.
Altogether’s dual focus of language and content enables students to reinforce language skills, make connections among different content areas and therefore enhance their overall cognitive, academic and social development.
Students and teachers receive all of the following courses and components:
English Language Courses
- My Language Course
- My Vocabulary and Grammar
- My Phonics and Spelling Course (levels 1-3)
- My Pronunciation and Spelling Course (levels 4-6)
- My Math
- My Science