Spotlight on English is a comprehensive, standards-based program for English language learners (ELLs) designed to help K-6 students gain and develop English language proficiency, access grade-level content and successfully transition to the mainstream classroom.
Spotlight on English exposes students to grade-level Academic English and models of Standard English and provides educators with the tools necessary to empower ELLs to acquire the English language accurately and achieve competency in listening, speaking, reading and writing.
Spotlight on English is a balanced program that not only provides the academic language students need, it also brings together proven methodologies and innovative teaching strategies.
- Based on scientific research
- Aligned to state ELA/ELD and the National Curriculum and Content-area Standards
- Created with a content-rich framework—language arts, math, science, social studies, music, and art
- Developed with multi-level teaching strategies for differentiated instruction in every lesson
- Designed to deliver direct, structured, and inclusive language instructionFrom